Ms. Shomini Parashar
- Assistant Professor
A dedicated and experienced faculty member with over 18 years of teaching experience in the field of Microbiology, Bioinformatics. IPR, Biosafety, and Bioethics as core subjects and a variety of other subjects like Technical Communication, Engineering Economics, and Engineering Management which help the students in not only up-taking suitable job opportunities in renowned biotechnology industries but also help them in becoming job providers. The Industry exposure in hand helps students in understanding the industry atmosphere and bridges the gap between industry and academia. Adept at counseling students to successfully prepare facing today’s world in the professional frontiers of life.
Pursuing PhD from Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow
GOU, New Delhi
M.Phil in Bioinformatics
Edutech Informatics & IGIB, New Delhi
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics
Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
PG in Microbiology
18+ years of teaching experience (IHTM, Ghaziabad, PIIT Ghaziabad, IMSEC, Ghaziabad)
1 year of Industry experience (Packaged Drinking Water Industry)
Areas of Interests
Bioinformatics, Microbiology, IPR
IPR, Biosafety and Bioethics. Pearson Education India. ISBN 978-81-317-7470-0 (www.pearsoned.co.in)
- Parashar, S.& Kumar, N.(2018) Studies on agarolytic bacterial isolates from agricultural and industrial soil. Iranian journal of microbiology.10(5), 324-333.
- Parashar, S.& Kumar, N.(2019). Isolation and characterization of a novel agar-degrading bacterium, Microbacterium barkeri sp. SELA 4, from soil enriched with laboratory agar. Journal of microbiology, biotechnology and food sciences.9(1), 78-83.
- Shomini Parashar, Narendra Kumar (2017) Microbacterium sp. strain SELA4 16S ribosomal RNA gene, partial sequence. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/MG203882.1/
- Shomini Parashar, Narendra Kumar (2018) Microbacterium sp. strain SELA4 Culture deposited at MTCC with accession number: MTCC 12916.
- Parashar, S., Chopra, G. (2012).“Innovation management in Biotech-Pharma. Companies”. National Biotechnology conference on ‘Leading ideas and future encampment-2012’.I.T.S Paramedical College. pg.101-104.
- Mansi, Deepa Goel, Shomini Parashar, “Nutraceuticals: Potent phytochemicals in functional food against chronic diseases” in National Biotechnology conference on ‘Leading ideas and future encampment-2012’ held on 28th April, 2012 in I.T.S Paramedical college, pg79.
- Mansi, Deepa Goyal, Shomini Parashar, ‘Gene pyramiding for imparting tolerance to various biotic and abiotic stresses’, a poster presentation in international conference on ‘Prospectives in Phyllosphere Biology’ held during 15-17 Feb, 2012 in Amity Institute of Biotechnology.
- Parashar, Shomini, Sadiq, Yasir, Gupta, Rohit, Hrishikesh, Asheesh (2010) “Screening of natural spices for their antimicrobial activity” in National conference on ‘Leading trends in futuristic Biotechnology’, March 26-27, pg 17.
- Parashar, Shomini, Mishra, Snehasish (2008). Possibility of manipulating selected nitrogen fixing and phosphate-solubilising biofertilisers for their performance enhanecment. National conference cum seminar on emerging trends in Biotechnology, IMS Engineering College, Gzb.,pg 9.
- Parashar, S.,(2008), ‘Advent of Bioinformatics: Definition & History’, Vol.1, issue 1, Bioimpulse.
Parashar, S.,(2008), ‘Fields related to Bioinformatics and their definition’, Vol.2, issue 2, Bioimpulse.