Dr. Pankul Goel
- Mechanical engineering
- Associate Professor (Head)
- Pankul Goel is working as Associate Professor, Head at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad. He has more than 18 years experience in teaching and has also spent four years in the industry. He has published number of articles in national and international journals. His research areas include machining, friction stir welding, optimization of design and process parameters.
- Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering), 2018
- Associate Prof. (M.E.) in IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow (U.P.) from July 2014 to continue.
- Asst. Prof. (M.E.) in Vidya Engineering College, Baghpat Road, Meerut affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow (U.P.) from July 2010 to July 2014.
- Lecturer (M.E.) in Sir Chhotu Ram Institute of Engineering and Techanology, Campus of C.C.S. University, Meerut from Aug 2002 to Sept 2008.
- Faculty (M.E.) in Radha Govind Engineering College, Garh Road, Meerut affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow (U.P.) from Oct 2001 to Aug 2002.
Areas of Interests
- Machining, friction stir welding, optimisation of design and process parameters.
Research publications in International Journal
1. “Investigation on material mixing during FSW of AA7475 to AISI304”, Materials and Manufacturing Processes (Publisher: Taylor and Francis), impact factor 3.35, https://doi.org/10.1080/10426914.2018.1544717.
2. “Investigation on the effect of tool pin profiles on mechanical and microstructural properties of friction stir butt and scarf welded aluminium alloy 6063”, Metals 2018, 8, 74, (Publisher: MDPI, Switzerland), impact factor 2.259, https://doi.org/10.3390/met8010074.
3. “Influence of Slab Milling Process Parameters on Surface Integrity of HSLA: A Multi-performance Characteristics Optimization”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (Publisher: Springer London), impact factor 2.496, ISSN: 0268-3768, Vol.61, pp 859-871 (2012).
Paper presented in National Conferences
1.“Dissimilar joining of AA7475 Aluminium alloy and AISI 304 Stainless by friction stir welding”, IEEE sponsored conference IJARSE 7(1), RIMT, Bareilly, 76-84 (2018), ISSN: 2319-8354.
2.“Optimization of slab milling process parameters using Taguchi method”, Proceedings of International conference on Innovative Technologies in Mechanical Engineering (ITME-12), 2012, KIET, Ghaziabad, India.
(i) AICTE Sponsored two weeks FDP attended on “Next Generation Materials and Manufacturing” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad from 16thDecember 2019 to 28th December 2019.
(ii) Recipient of Gold Medal in On line FDP/Course attended on “Principles of Metal Forming Technology”, organized by IIT Roorkee under NPTEL-AICTE scheme (8 Week Course) from July 2019 to September 2019. Course Instructor: Dr. Pradeep Kr. Jha, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, IIT, Roorkee.
(iii) Faculty Development Program attended on “Advancement in Materials and Manufacturing” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad from 24th July 2017 to 28th July 2017.
(iv) Faculty Development Program attended on “Advances in Thermal and Fluids Engineering Applications” organized by Raj Kumar Goel Institute of Technology, Ghaziabad, from 4thJuly 2016to 8th July 2016.
Awards & Honors
- 1. Recipient of Gold Medal in FDP/Course attended on “Principles of Metal Forming Technology”, organized by IIT Roorkee under NPTEL-AICTE scheme (8 Week Course) from July 2019 to September 2019.
- 2. Received best paper award for the paper “Influence of Friction Stir Welding Parameters on Mechanical Properties of dissimilar AA 7475 to AISI 304” to be publish in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. (Scopus Index) Presented on 8th Nov 2019 in ICFTTM 2019, Delhi Technical Campus, Greater Noida.
- 1. “Engineering Mechanics: Problems and Solutions”, published by CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS, United Kingdom, ISBN-13: 978-1108411622 (2018).
- 2. “ Some Studies on Surface Integrity of Machined Surfaces”, Monograph published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing house, Germany, ISBN:978-3-659-18774-5 (2012).