Sub: Anti-Ragging Drive
Dear students since ragging in its all forms is strictly prohibited in the entire campus (Departments, Academic Blocks, Residential Blocks/Hostels, Canteen and Sports Area etc) and outside the campus by the order of Apex Court of India/State Govt./UGC. So it is appealed to all of you to desist from indulging in ragging.
Let me introduce you about what constitutes ragging. Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other students.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating the sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other such student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other students or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious, sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other students.
- Any act that affects mental health and self confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without any intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any students.
"As such ragging is punishable offence, so you are advised to refrain from it"
Provisions of punishment against those who indulge in ragging
Depending upon nature and gravity of the offence as established by anti-ragging committee of the institution, the possible punishment for those found guilty of ragging at institutional level shall be any one or any combination of the followings:
- Suspension from attending classes
- With holding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding result
- Debarring from the representing institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament and youth festival etc
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1-4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution
- Imposing a fine of Rs. 2.5 lacs
- Collective punishment: when the person committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on potential raggers
- Every single incident of ragging where the victim or his parents/guardian or head of institution is not satisfied with the institutional arrangement for action a first information report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authority with local; police authorities. Any delay in lodging FIR with the local police shall be construed to be an act of culpable negligence on the part of institutional authority
"Ragging is punishable offence, so you are advised to refrain from it"
Anti-ragging drive: Telephone numbers for immediate assistance
|Director (Dr. Sraban Mukharjee)
|Dean Academics (Dr Rahul Dayal)
|Vigilance officer (Mr. Sudheer Choudhary)
|Chief Proctor (N U Khan)
|Dy Chief Proctor (Prof Atul Kumar)
|DSW (Prof. Pankaj Goel)
|Women's Welfare Cell (Ms. Rashmi Chandra, Faculty coordinator)
|Mr. Uday Sintha
|Registrar (Dr. Shraddha Dixit)
|Chief Warden ( Mr. S. P. Garg)
|Warden (Boys Hostel)
|Warden (Girls Hostel)
WOMEN HELP LINE: 1090
ANTIRAGGING HELPLINE: 1800-180-5522, 0120-2822901, 2822902, 0522-2732186