The salient features of the department are:
- Highly qualified and dedicated faculties with broad research experiences.
- Well equipped advanced laboratories including Electrical Machines, Power system, Power Electronics, Network, Control system and MATLAB.
- Faculty & Student publish more than 30 research papers in top-tier journals and international conferences every year
- Faculty & Students completed successfully online NPTEL certificate course in each semester. Many of them secured “Elite + Silver” grade in these courses.
- Well established Centre of Excellence “ABB Industrial Automation Centre (PLC/SCADA)”
- AICTE sponsored “skill and personality development centre (SPDP Centre)” for SC/ST students.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with National Power Training Institute (NPTI) and Rhythm Automation Control Pvt Ltd for job oriented industrial training.
- Advanced project laboratory to perform hands-on work on innovative projects.
- With continuous efforts of department, most of our meritorious students have qualified GATE/GMAT/GRE exams with high scores and are pursuing higher studies in reputed universities/institutes located in India and abroad.
- Continuous escalating placement record in core industries.
- The department inculcates entrepreneurial skill in students with well established incubation centre supported by Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- Strong alumni association.
Centre of Excellences:
ABB Industrial Automation Centre
- Inaugurated on 27th March 2016 by Prof. V.K. Pathak, Vice Chancellor, AKTU, Lucknow.
- Till now, seven batches (155 candidates) have completed industrial summer training on PLC/SCADA.
- Till now, 41 candidates have completed advance training and all have been placed in reputed automation industries.
The global industries is becoming increasingly competitive as the dynamic nature of the present day market demands a high level of automation and flexibility to address the changes in demand and so the demand for industrial automation is emerging. Industrial automation plays a vital role in the field of Electrical Engineering.
Automation is basically the delegation of human control function to technical equipment. It is the use of control systems such as computers, PLCs, Microcontrollers to control machinery and processes to reduce the need for human sensory and mental requirements as well.
Industrial Automation i.e. to "Automated Industry" is the basic need of almost every type of manufacturing and production unit today. Food/Beverage, Metal, Mining, Power, Textile, Petrochemical, Machine Manufacturing, Automobile etc are the few examples where we see the automation today.
In order to meet the demand of modern industries in terms of skilled technocrats and well trained engineers “ABB Industrial Automation Centre” is established in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
The main aim of this centre is to bridge the gap between the expectation of modern industries and the knowledge of our graduates. The centre will help to make the aspiring engineers acquainted with the conceptual as well as practical knowledge of the Industrial Automation & latest technologies being used to achieve industrial automation.