Major Departmental Highlights include
- Highly qualified faculties with PhD from renowned Universities
- 10 State-of-the art laboratories including Genetic Engineering, Fermentation Technology, Bioprocess and Computational Biology.
- International internship at University of Louisville, KY, USA
- Advanced R&D in areas of Cancer Biology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Drug Discovery and Herbal Product Formulation
- Average 20 research papers published annually in peer-review journals by Faculty and Students
- Consistent 90% placement record in Core Biotechnology companies.
- 25 Companies offered jobs to B. Tech (Biotechnology) students with highest package offered of 6 lacs per annum
- 8 university toppers in last 4 years including a gold medalist in 2016 and silver medalist in 2019
- GATE and NET-JRF qualified students (Highest GATE AIR rank 6)
- Four successfully running alumni start-up ventures
- Consistent 90% placement record in Core Biotechnology Companies (in last 3 years) with highest package of 6 lacs per annum
- One day National conference on the topic entitled “CRISPR-Cas as an emerging tool for Genome Editing” was organized on 22 nd February 2020 (Saturday).
Value Added Training for Students
- Hand on Training in Molecular Biology organized by department every year in month of June-July
- Short term Winter Training conducted on recent trends in Biotechnology every year
- Value-added courses like Quality-Assurance and Quality-Control conducted to prepare students for specific industrial roles
- Training on HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) conducted in collaboration with Allele Life Science Pvt Ltd, Noida
- Various collaborated e-platforms are provided to students for their interest based learning and skill development
Value Added Activities in Department
- BioFiesta, a departmental techno-cultural fest organized to boost technical and cultural acumen of students
- Guest lecturers from eminent industry and academia experts are conducted regularly
- Student driven GEMS (Genetic Engineering and Molecular Biology Society) club to foster research and technical knowledge in students through various activities
- National and International level conferences and seminars organized from time to time
- Frequent exposure through industrial visits and tours in biotechnology industries are organized to update students about recent industrial trends and requirements.