Research & Development
- Department conducted AICTE sponsored FDP on title “Next Generation Materials and Manufacturing” on 16th - 28th Dec 2019.
- International Conference Recent Advances in Non Conventional Energy Resources Using Solar Based Technologies (RANSET 2019) conducted on 26th – 27th July 2019.
- Team IMPULSE topped northern region and got 14th All India Rank in the national level competition organized by “SAE BAJA” at Chitkara University, Rajpura, Punjab between 6th to 8th March 2020. Team IMPULSE came out with flying colors in the supervision of Dr. V.K. Saini, Mr. Abhishek Saxena and captaincy of Tarun Tyagi.
- Dr. Pankul Goel, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering published book on subject, “Engineering Mechanics: Problems and Solutions” publisher: Cambridge University Press, United Kingdom. ISBN: 9781108303897, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108303897.
- Quality publication of research papers in peer-review journals by faculties:
- Pankul Goel, Noor Zaman Khan, Zahid A. Khan, Abdulrahman Ahmar, Namrata Gangil, Mustufa Haider Abid, Arshad Noor Siddiquee. “Investigation on material mixing during FSW of AA7475 to AISI304”, Materials and Manufacturing Processes (Publisher: Taylor and Francis), impact factor 3.35, https://doi.org/10.1080/10426914.2018.1544717.
- Pankul Goel, Arshad Noor Siddiquee , Noor Zaman Khan, Mohd Azmal Hussain, Zahid A. Khan, Mustufa Haider Abidi, Abdulrahman Al-Ahmari. “Investigation on the effect of tool pin profiles on mechanical and microstructural properties of friction stir butt and scarf welded aluminium alloy 6063”,Metals 2018, 8, 74, (Publisher: MDPI, Switzerland), impact factor 2.259,ISSN: ISSN: 2075-4701, https://doi.org/10.3390/met8010074.
- Dr. Pankul Goel received best paper award for the paper “Influence of Friction Stir Welding Parameters on Mechanical Properties of dissimilar AA 7475 to AISI 304” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. (Scopus Index). Paper presented on 8th Nov 2019 in ICFTTM 2019, Delhi Technical Campus, Greater Noida.
- Bibeka Nand Pathak, Pankul Goel, Arunesh Chandra, “Effect of Ni-20 mg treatment and machining parameters on surface 4 quality of Al (1–4) Fe-IV-1Si alloys”, Materials Today: Proceedings, Elsevier. Paper presented in ICMPC 2020 on 21-23rd Feb 2020, GLA University, Mathura (Scopus Index).